Taking a Leave

Generally, if you take a leave of absence that has been authorized by your employer, you may buy the service for the time you are away and convert it into credited service. This includes both leaves protected by employment standards legislation, for example, pregnancy and parental leaves, and family medical and personal emergency leaves, and non-protected leaves authorized by your employer. The cost of buying the service depends on the type of leave.

For more information on purchasing a leave, including the cost and purchase deadline, visit omers.com or contact OMERS Member Services.