OMERS Administration Corporation (“OAC”) provides the OMERS Employer Administration Manual (the “Manual”) as a convenient resource to aid employer administrators in understanding the OMERS Pension Plans (the “OMERS Plans”), including the OMERS Primary Pension Plan, the Retirement Compensation Arrangement for the OMERS Primary Pension Plan, and the OMERS Supplemental Pension Plan for Police, Firefighters and Paramedics.
In return for OAC providing you with access to the Manual, you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
Use of the Manual
- While OAC makes reasonable efforts to keep the Manual up-to-date, OAC cannot guarantee the currency, accuracy or completeness of the information provided. By using the Manual you understand and agree that reliance on the information in the Manual is undertaken at your own risk, and that OAC assumes no liability or responsibility for your use or interpretation of the Manual.
- Where there is conflict as between the content in the Manual and the terms of the OMERS Plans, applicable law, and OAC’s administrative practice, the terms of the OMERS Plans, applicable law, and OAC’s administrative practice will govern, regardless of the content of the Manual.
- You agree not to use the Manual for any illegal or improper purpose.
- You understand that OAC may monitor access to the Manual, in order to ensure it is being used responsibly and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Registered users of the Manual may customize the Manual, including by using bookmarks and creating customized books and searches. By becoming a registered user and making use of these features, you understand and agree that OAC cannot ensure the existence of these features or of customized content in the future. OAC assumes no liability or responsibility, including potential damages, if any customizations you make cease to be available in the future.
- It is your responsibility to maintain the secrecy of you login information and password for access to the Manual.
- You understand and accept that the OAC may suspend or revoke your registered status without notice, and at its sole discretion.
- You understand that, as the internet is a public network, there is the possibility of data security violations. In the event of such occurrences, OAC is not responsible for any damages you may experience.
Links and Cookies
- Through the Manual, we or our third-party service providers may place a text file called a “cookie” in the browser directory of your computer’s hard drive. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can store on a web browser and later retrieve. The cookie cannot be read by any website other than the one that set up the cookie. Most browsers can be set to reject all cookies. If you choose to modify your browser in this manner, some portions of the Manual may not function optimally or you may not be able to use all features of the Manual.
- The Manual may provide links to websites that are operated by third parties not under OAC’s control. Such links are provided for convenience and reference purposes only, and are not to be regarded as endorsements, approvals, or recommendations. OAC assumes no liability or responsibility in respect of such links, or the content contained on websites that are linked to.
Amendments to the Terms and Conditions of Use
- These Terms and Conditions of Use may be amended from time to time, without notice.