As we begin a new year, we are looking forward to continuing working together to improve our services. As always, our commitment is to provide you with the tools and resources you need to do your job successfully – from workshops to webinars to our Employer Services contact centre, we’re here to help.
In this issue you’ll find information on your Annual Statement of Payment Remittances, a note on the annual reconciliation, upcoming webinars and more.
Employer reports: Annual Statement of Payment Remittances
One of your responsibilities as an employer is to remit monthly member and employer contributions. In January, you’ll receive your Annual Statement of Payment Remittances. This will be your overview of your monthly remittances from 2019, including a cheque listing and summary. This report can be used as a resource to help you successfully complete your annual reconciliation.
To make your monthly remittances as efficient as possible, we would like to remind you of a few helpful hints:
- Consider direct deposit. This is the most effective method to remit contributions. You can find the Direct Deposit Registration – Form 101 on our Employer Forms page.
- Please submit the Contribution remittance summary - Form 105 prior to remitting the funds. It is important that OMERS receive the Form 105 first to ensure proper allocation once the funds are received.
While the option to remit by cheque will continue, given the positive response to direct deposit, OMERS will not be including postage paid envelopes to those who continue to remit by cheque. If you have any questions about monthly remittances or using direct deposit, please contact Employer Services.
Additional annual reconciliation reports will be sent out to employers in the near future.
It’s here: Annual reconciliation
Welcome to another annual reconciliation year! To help you learn the latest tips to support you in the successful completion of this process, the OMERS Education & Training team offers webinars that cover a variety of annual reconciliation topics, including:
- e-Form 119 Reporting – Preparing for your e-Form 119
- Steps 1 & 2: Import and Submit e-Form 119 Data
- Step 3: Resolve e-Form 119 Exceptions
- Step 4: Reconcile your e-Form 119
Complete the process by February 29 to have OMERS calculate your pension adjustments or avoid interest on any outstanding balances. The Pension Benefits Act
requires all pension reports to be distributed to members by June 30.
Outage period for e-access
To complete updates to our internal systems, e-access will be unavailable on Saturday, January 25, 2020 from 5:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EST.
For OMERS, it is essential that we know whether our services are meeting your needs as Plan administrators. That’s why we strongly encourage you to take a few minutes and provide us with your feedback about how we can serve you better. Responses are anonymous and will allow us to make improvements in how we work with you.
We appreciate your participation and the valuable information you provide.
Our webinars will provide you with a deeper understanding of OMERS administration topics and procedures.
Upcoming Employer Webinars (10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. EST)
- Contributions, Remittances and the e-Form 105 – Wednesday, January 29
- Leave Period Administration (e-Form 165) – Wednesday, February 19
- Disability Administration Part 1: Disability Elimination Period (e-Form 164) - Tuesday, February 25
See more webinars and register today!
We’re here to help. Call Employer Services:
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Phone: +1 416.350.6750
Toll-free: +1 833.884.0389
If contacting us by phone, please have your zone number ready.
Thank you for another incredible year helping us administer the Plan and deliver a wonderful experience to our members.